Attempted Murder Defense Attorney
Vancouver WA | Camas WA | Battle Ground WA
When an individual is charged with attempting to kill someone, he or she should not hesitate to contact a criminal defense attorney. In addition to ensuring that their rights are protected, the attorney will help their clients avoid mistakes that could harm the defense. Defendants need an experienced criminal lawyer who is fully committed to aggressively fighting the charges.
What Defendants Need to Know
Like murder, attempted murder is a serious crime, which is always a felony. As a result, a conviction often includes harsh penalties, such as a lengthy prison sentence. The charge has the potential to ruin a person’s life regardless of the outcome. Individuals need to speak with a qualified attempted murder defense attorney with a deep understanding of the law, courtroom procedures and criminal investigative techniques.
Ready To Get Your Legal Questions Answered?
Click The Button To Enter Your Name & Phone Number & We’ll Call You Back in 30 Mins or Less!
Benefits of a Highly Skilled Criminal Defense
To be convicted, the prosecution must make their case beyond a reasonable doubt. They must prove that the accused committed the act with the full intention of trying to murder another individual but were unsuccessful. An experienced attempted murder defense attorney knows the various legal challenges that can be made. These include:
- Self-Defense – the accused acted only to protect himself or herself
- Heat of Passion – the sudden uncontrollable state of mind brought on by a blow or the other person’s provocation
- Level of Intent – there action may have only been an attempt to injure, not kill, the other party
An experienced advocate also understands that law enforcement agencies are not always as thorough as they should be and often have investigatory biases that preclude them from considering other suspects.
Why Hire a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
For an individual charged with a violent crime like attempted murder, the advice of an experienced defense attorney is essential if he or she wishes to avoid a conviction or receive the lightest sentence possible. Hiring a lawyer is also important to ensure that all rights are protected and all avenues of defense are fully explored. The attorney will thoroughly investigate the facts and circumstances surrounding the case and seek the most favorable outcome possible.
Pinnacle Law Office and their Managing Attorney David Gross have been defending the rights of their clients since 1994. As a former prosecutor, Attorney David Gross vigorously defends the rights of his clients using a legal means available. If you or a loved one is facing robbery related charges, call Pinnacle Law Office today.
Washington State Definition of Attempted Murder
RCW 9A.28.020 – Attempted Murder
- A person is guilty of an attempt to commit a crime if, with intent to commit a specific crime, he or she does any act which is a substantial step toward the commission of that crime.
- If the conduct in which a person engages otherwise constitutes an attempt to commit a crime, it is no defense to a prosecution of such attempt that the crime charged to have been attempted was, under the attendant circumstances, factually or legally impossible of commission.
- An attempt to commit a crime is a:
- Class A felony when the crime attempted is murder in the first degree, murder in the second degree, arson in the first degree, child molestation in the first degree, indecent liberties by forcible compulsion, rape in the first degree, rape in the second degree, rape of a child in the first degree, or rape of a child in the second degree;
- Class B felony when the crime attempted is a class A felony other than an offense listed in (a) of this subsection;
- Class C felony when the crime attempted is a class B felony;
- Gross misdemeanor when the crime attempted is a class C felony;
- Misdemeanor when the crime attempted is a gross misdemeanor or misdemeanor.